General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Your data, privacy and the Law. How we use your medical records
- This practice handles medical records according to the laws on data protection and confidentiality.
- We share medical records with health professionals who are involved in providing you with care and treatment. This is on a need to know basis and event by event.
- Some of your data is automatically copied to the NHS Shared Care Summary Record.
- We share some of your data with SELDOC (out of hours GP service) or emergency services like A&E.
- Data about you is used to manage national screening campaigns such as Flu, Cervical cytology and Diabetes prevention.
- Data about you, usually un-identified, is used to manage the NHS and make payments.
- We share information when the law requires us to do, for instance when we are inspected or reporting certain illnesses or safeguarding vulnerable people.
- Your data is used to check the quality of care provided by the NHS.
- We may also share medical records for medical research but only with your expressed consent.